Netgear Setup Login ( www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com )
Netgear has been in the networking hardware industry from a very long time and they provide their users a variety of networking products ranging from routers, extenders, cameras and more. Their devices need to be logged in before they can be used to their maximum potential. The login process is very easy and efficient. The user can simply type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and use the default information to login to the router. Alternatively, the user can login to the router using 192.168.1.1 as well. It lets users access the advanced features of the router such as the Network Speed Test, the Guest Network, the Parental Control feature, to change the username and password of the router and more. It also lets the user configure, customize, monitor and even repair the network on their own even when they are away from their home. The users can now even check how many devices are connected to their network. But for all these features, the user first has to login to the router. The user can just type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of any web browser and use the default username and password to login to their Netgear router.
Starting with your Netgear router
The Netgear router needs to be setup and logged in before the user can reap all the benefits of the router. The routerlogin.net domain name was provided by Netgear to make it easy for its user to login to the routers. The user can log in to their routers using www.routerlogin.net and typing in the default information of the router when prompted. The default username for the router login is “admin” and the default password is “password”. The username and password are both case sensitive. Only after the user has logged in to the router, can they access the advanced features of the router and go on to customize their network as they wish. After logging in, the user can change the username and password for their network, update the firmware of the router, and set up Guest Network for any guests that the user doesn’t wish to share their main network with, secure their router and even restrict websites or inappropriate content on their network.
Here, we will provide you with some steps on how to setup and login to your Netgear router, download and update the firmware of the router, how to reset the router and how to change the username and password of the router to make your network secure.
How to setup and login to the Netgear router
The Netgear router when taken out of the box needs to be setup properly. All the connections need to be made properly so that there aren’t any problems faced during the setup process. It is advised that the initial setup and login process is done using the desktop computer or a laptop that is connected to the router using Ethernet cables so that there aren’t any complications. Setting up the Netgear router for the first time over a wireless connection may cause some problems as the wireless connection at start can be a bit unstable because it hasn’t been configured properly. It might even corrupt the router so it is recommended that the setup and login process is done with the help of Ethernet cables.
Here are the steps required to setup and login to the Netgear router:
- Connect the desktop computer with the WLAN port or internet port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are properly made on both ends.
- Now, connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly at both ends.
- Switch off the computer, the modem and the router and then switch them on so that they can finish booting up.
- Open up an interne browser of your choice on the desktop computer that is connected to the router and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- After typing www.routerlogin.net in the address bar, press enter. A login window will display.
- The login window will ask you for the default username and password for your router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. If the router doesn’t recognize the default password for the router, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password to something else. In that case, try logging in with any of the other passwords. If that still doesn’t work, then try to reset the router to set it back to its factory default settings.
- Once you have logged in to the router, click the Setup Wizard. The setup wizard screen will display.
- The Setup Wizard will now try to detect the type of internet connection that you have. For all the cable connections, the setup wizard will detect the connection as Dynamic IP.
- Once the Setup Wizard has detected the type of internet connection that you have, click Next. The router will then save the settings.
You can now go on to use or configure your internet connection as you desire. You can also secure and modify your network from here.
How to download and upgrade the firmware of your Netgear router
The router is supposed to download and update the router’s new firmware itself. But it can also be done manually if the user wishes to. Here are the steps to download and install the Netgear router’s new firmware manually:
- Open up a web browser of your choice and go to the NETGEAR Download Center to download the latest firmware of your router. Type in the model number of your router in the Search Box and download the latest firmware for your router and save it to the desired location.
- Now, using a computer that is connected to your Netgear router via an Ethernet cable, open up a web browser of your choice and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
Do not use a computer that is connected wirelessly connected to the router to update the firmware of the router. A wireless update might corrupt the firmware of the router and may even render it useless.
- After typing www.routerlogin.net in the address bar, hit enter. A login window will display prompting you to type in the default username and password for your router.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed it to something else. Try logging in with any other passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its factory default settings.
- After logging in, the Setup Wizard will display.
- Select the ADVANCED tab and then click Administration.
- You will see either a Router Update or Firmware Update option. It may vary for different router models. Click the Router Update or Firmware Update button.
- Now, click the Choose File or Browse button to browse for the downloaded file.
- Locate the downloaded file and click Open and then click Upload to upload the firmware on the router.
The router will now start installing the new firmware. Do not interrupt the update process as it may corrupt the router and leave it unusable. After the router has finished installing the new firmware, it will reboot itself. If the router doesn’t reboot, check the Router Status page to confirm whether the router has been updated or not.
How to Reset your Netgear router
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. It may be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings. The name depends on the model of the router.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the reset button for ten seconds, release the button. The LED lights on the router will start flashing. After the power light becomes stable and green or white in color, the router has been reset.
It is recommended that the router reset is not interrupted as it may corrupt the router. Once the reset has been finished, you can again login to the router using the default information of your Netgear router.
How to change the username and password for your Netgear router
- Launch an internet browser of your choice and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- After typing routerlogin.net, press enter. A login window will display asking you for the default username and password.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- Click OK. The basic home page will then display.
- Select Wireless. Under wireless settings, you can choose to enter a new username for your Netgear router.
- Under Security Settings, you can choose to set up a new password for your network.
- Click the Apply button to save the settings made.
You can now connect to your network using the new username and password with any device you wish to access the network with by typing in the new username and password
- Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3000 EX8000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Extender
- How to login and reset Netgear wifi router ? www.routerlogin.net setup troubleshooting steps !
- How to setup and login to the Linksys router Linksys Max Stream EA7500
- How to update the firmware on the Linksys Max Stream EA7500 router
- How to troubleshoot routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com access Errors