Netgear is one of the best networking hardware providers to the users. They provide some of the best and most reliable networking hardware with enhanced security features. The user can simply login to their device and configure their routers for better security. Security is one of the main concerns when it comes to transferring of sensitive data. As the router is used daily for the daily needs such as logging into different accounts or emails, buying something online, adding the private information of the user and more. The security must be maintained and kept up to date to secure all the information of the user. There are different methods to secure the user’s network. The user must initially login to access the advanced features of the router. The login process is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time.
The user can login using www.routerlogin.net web domain. The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive. The login process only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the user can gain access to the web based interface for the router and further configure their network themselves for better suited security.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Netgear router:
It is recommended that the default username and password for the router to be changed when the user first installs the router to secure their network. Make sure that the username does not contain any sensitive information as the username is shown on other devices. Make sure that the password is difficult for other people to guess so that not just anybody can go on to connect to your network without your permission. Here are the steps to change the default username and password for your Netgear router:
- Open any internet browser of your choice on a computer or a laptop that is connected to the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser and press enter. A login page will then display.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information of the router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are both case sensitive. If the user cannot login using the default information, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the default password. In that case, try logging in with any other passwords. If that fails too, then a router reset will be required for the user to be able to login again using the default information. The reset takes the router back to its factory default settings.
- After the user has logged in, the Basic Home page displays. Click OK.
- Select the Wireless option from the left side of the screen.
- You will see the Network Name (SSID) option. Here, you can opt to change the username of the Netgear router. Make sure you do not enter any private information there.
- Under this, you will see the Passphrase (Network Key) option. Here, you can choose to change the default password for your Netgear router. Make sure that the password is hard for people to guess.
- Click Apply to save the settings on the router.
Your changes will now be saved. This way, other than the people who know the password will not be able to access the user’s network. The user can login to the router and connect any other device to the router using the new username and password.