The TP-Link modems are used to set up an internet connection provided by the internet service providers. The TP-Link modems are basically setup through the DSL digital subscriber line which they have to get from the internet service providing companies. The latest modems these days are embedded with the properties of a router also. The main purpose of a modem is to convert the data signals into the useful data like web pages etc. Technically the function of a modem can be described as the conversion of the analog signals into the digital signals forming the internet connectivity. The analog signals are transmitted to the user through the DSL cable and then the signals are converted to the useful digital data such as web pages or media through the modem.
TP-Link W8980 N600 wireless modem is a dual band and has four Gigabit modem that delivers a combined speed of more than 600 Mbps on both the bands. The external Gigabit Ethernet ports render a high speed wired connection. The external Gigabit Ethernet ports let the user connect several storage devices like the HDD, removable flash drives, Smart TVs, and gaming consoles etc. The Gigabit Ethernet port delivers a quite high internet speed so that the users do not have to face a lag or buffer during the live connection. It also has a one touch security WPA button and also the WPS button on it to quickly set up the connection.
The NAT and SPI firewall security options in the TP-Link modems restricts the unauthorized access to our personal and confidential information being transmitted over a wireless network. There is much important information being used by the internet like our bank details, password and login information, location access etc. this information related to the users are much prone to the attacks by the hackers worldwide. So, the modem has to be secure enough to protect its users and their personal information.
Setting up the TP-Link modem through www.tplinkmodem.net
The TP-Link modem router needs to be configured before being to use in a network. In fact, every networking device needs to be set up and configured properly prior to the use. Previously the users had to face the logging issues while trying to login through the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Most of the times users entered the wrongly spelled IP address in the address bar and end up in the denial of access to the modem portal. Therefore, TP-Link created a useful and easy to remember web domain www.tplinkmodem.net for the purpose of setting up and modem configuration.
Here, in this part, we will let you know about the modem configuration wirelessly. Just follow these basic steps involved in the successful modem configuration. Here we go.
- Open the modem from the content box and there will be other essential components enclosed with it like ADSL/DSL cable, Ethernet cable and the power supply adapter.
- Connect your TP-Link modem to the power supply through the wall socket and switch on the power supply.
- Now, insert the DSL cable in the DSL/line port of the modem that is provided by the Internet service providers.
- Open the web browser on your PC and enter the web address www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of the browser. This link will land you at the authorization page of TP-Link.
- Enter the default username and password which are “admin” for both the cases. The values are case sensitive.
- Now assuming that you have landed up in the homepage of the TP-Link modem, now you will see certain options there like LAN, WAN, Internet WAN and Reset
- Go to the Internet WAN section and there you will be asked to select the appropriate connection type PPPoE. You will several other connection types like PPPE, L2TP etc.
- Now, after selecting the PPPoE connection type, enter the details like user id and password provided to you by the Internet service provider. These values are provided for the successful internet connection. However, it is advisable to customize the details afterward.
- Click Apply changes and then click on the Save and reboot Your modem will get a reboot automatically itself. Wait for the modem to restart and hence the new settings will be saved on your modem and you are ready to use the internet connection.