Windows 7 Troubleshooting
Sometimes the user might face a certain issue where the PC having Windows 7 won’t go to sleep. It just keeps on coming out of standby mode by itself. This is one of the most common issues with the Windows 7 and can become somewhat irritating as well as it consumes battery of the laptop. Here are the steps to configure and fix the sleep issues in Windows 7:
- Open the run command prompt from the Windows.
- Type “cmd” in the dialogue box and press enter.
- A new window will appear.
- Type powercfg –devicequery wake_armed and press enter.
- Now open the run command prompt once again and type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box.
- The Device Manager will appear. Find any devices that are listed earlier as well. Double click on them to look for the Advanced Management tab.
- Check if the device is allowed to bring the PC out of standby. If it is, uncheck all the boxes that are allowing it to do so.
The device will now be able to sleep properly without coming out of the standby mode itself.