By accessing the Netgear Router login page via 192.168.1.1 login, the user can gain access to all the advanced features of the router such as:
- Parental Control
- Guest Network
- Network Speed Test
- Managing and configuring the network
- Network management options such as LAN, WAN and the WLAN settings
Just like the default IP addresses mentioned above, the IP address 10.0.0.1 is also one of the most common default IP addresses used by the routers as the default IP address to get access to the advanced features of the router on the router’s administrator page. You can simply type in 10.0.0.1, 192.168.1.151, 192.168.1.254 or the most common address used by the routers i.e. 192.168.1.1 in a web browser of your choice and you will be redirected to the router’s administrator page where you can go on to customize your network as you desire. Before you go on and customize your network, there are some prerequisites:
- You will be prompted for the default username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the routers.
- If by some off chance the default password doesn’t work, then that means you must have set a personalized password before. You can simply try some of your previously set personalized passwords and if that still doesn’t work, then a factory reset will be required in order for you to access your router’s administrator page.
- Resetting the router will also reset all your personalized settings you previously set on the router. So unless necessary, it is advised not to reset the router.
Once the reset process in underway, it is advised not to unplug or otherwise disturb the router somehow as it may corrupt the router and possibly render it useless.
After the reset process is complete, the router will be restored back to its factory default settings. From here, by entering the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar again, the user can now login to their router by entering the default username and password for their router and enter the router’s admin panel. After successfully logging in to the router’s management page, the user can make the following changes as they desire:
- Change the username or Network name (SSID) of the network
- Change the wireless password for their network
- Change the router password
- Set up custom Parental Controls
- Port forwarding
The login process is very important in keeping the network secure and in getting the full potential of the router’s advanced features. From here on, the user can wish to manage and configure their network as they desire. This helps in keeping all the sensitive information going through the router safe and helps the user experience all the benefits without any troubles.