Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3000 EX8000 Extender ( mywifiext.net )
Setting up using Range extender Page url:mywifiext.net
Follow these steps –
- Easy Setup – The Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Extender is very easy to setup and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simple open any internet browser of their choice and type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter. The user will then have to enter the default information to successfully log in to the extender. After that, the user can configure their extender most suitable to their needs and place it halfway between the router and the desired location.
- Advanced Features:
- The Guest Network – The user can create multiple guest networks using this feature. If any visitors or guests are visiting the user’s home, the user can simple create another temporary network for a limited period of time for their visitors. This way, the user’s network and its shared contents will be kept safe and secured.
- Parental Controls – This feature allows the users to restrict certain websites or block any inappropriate content from their network. This way, the user’s network will be kept secured from any unsecured third party websites and any malicious content from the internet. The user can also limit the access of internet on any particular device.
- Media Prioritization – This feature allows the user to create different networks if the use wishes to share their internet with any guests without having to share their main network and its shared contents. This way, the user can share their internet with any guests by creating alternate networks for a limited period of time without having to constantly worry about sharing their main network and the contents shared on it.
- Security – The Netgear Extender can be further secured by the user. After successfully logging in to the extender, the user must change the default username and password for their extender. The default information is available to everyone so that they can login to their extender initially. If the user’s doesn’t change the default username and password for their extender, anyone can join the user’s network without their permission. The user must change the username to something other than the default username. The user must not enter any sensitive information in the username. The user must setup a password that is very hard for other people to guess.