What is www.linksyssmartwifi.com?
The web domain name www.linksyssmartwifi.com is the domain name used by most of the Linksys routers for the login process. Earlier the Linksys routers could be logged in using only the default IP address of the router. But it became hard for users to remember or find out the default IP address for their routers. Some users were not able to login to the routers due to this. But Linksys came up with a solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use the web domain www.linksyssmartwifi.com instead of the default IP addresses.
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer or the laptop to any of the internet ports located at the back of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Open any internet browser of your choice and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to type in the default information of the router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup page will appear. This is the web based interface for the router. Here, the user can configure and customize their network according to their needs.
The user’s router will now be setup and logged in. The user can then go on to personalize their network as they please. It is advised that the username and password should be changed so that nobody can access the user’s network without their permission.
Warning: Do not setup any private information in the username because the SSID is still available to the nearby devices. Setup the password which is hard for other people to guess.