Linksys range repeaters are one of the best repeaters in the segment. The Linksys repeaters although are the best in class and functionalities but it gets a bit difficult even for the best repeaters to transmit the Wi-Fi signals to all the areas. The optimum Wi-Fi signal coverage is the foremost responsibility of wireless routers but there are sometimes when an efficient router like Linksys also cannot overcome the hurdles in the Wi-Fi signal transmission. Therefore, the need for extending the wireless signal range occurs and that can be done through the repeaters.
What is a Linksys Repeater?
The repeater also referred to as the extender enhances and boost up the existing poor Wi-Fi signal connectivity in a network. The Linksys range repeater eliminates the dead zones in our wireless network. Linksys range repeaters have an advanced beam forming technology that directly projects the Wi-Fi signals from the extender to the places you want to optimize. The Linksys range repeaters need to be configured before being put to use in the wireless network.
Log in and setting up the Linksys range repeater wirelessly through extender.linksys.com
- Open the Linksys range repeater from the packing and connect the repeater to the power outlet and switch on the power supply.
- Now, open the list of wireless networks from the networks and internet section in the bottom right part of the window.
- Lookout for the Linksys range repeater in the list and click to get connected to it. As it is the initial connection, you won’t require a password for it.
- Once you are connected to the Linksys extender network, open the web browser of your computer and enter the web address www.extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.
- If in some case, you are not being able to login to the extender setup page, try to login through the default IP address of the extender i.e 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Once you are in the home page of the extender, log in to the page through the default username and the password.
- Now navigate towards the wireless section in the page and click it. The next thing you will see is the list of the available wireless network.
- Click on the wireless network SSID that you want to expand and enhance and type in the password for that main wireless network when prompted.
You can change the password for the Linksys extender login in this step or you can keep it the as it is. But is recommended to change the password as soon as possible.
Your Linksys extender will reboot now and will take few seconds to reboot. It is advisable to wait for the reboot patiently because if the reboot is interrupted, then the firmware of the extender can get corrupt and result in the malfunctioning of the extender.
Important instructions– As the Linksys router’s firmware needs to be updated, similarly, the firmware of the Linksys range repeater also needs to be updated from time to time so that the smooth working flow of the range repeaters continues.